- Open the Control Center. On models with Face ID, swipe down from the right corner of the screen. On iPhone 8 models and earlier, swipe up from the bottom up.
- Tap on the Timer button.
- Select how long you want the audio to run on its own before shutting down using the dials at the top of the screen to set the hours and minutes.
- Tap the “When Timer Ends Button.” Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Stop Playing.”
- Tap on Set in the upper right hand corner and Start to get the timer to begin the countdown.
- Turn off the display and listen to the audio while you try to fall asleep. If the timer runs down stopping the audio before you fall asleep, resume playing the audio and restart the timer.
How to set the secret sleep timer on your Apple iPhone
All that is left to do is enjoy a good night’s sleep as you awaken to see plenty of battery life remaining on your iPhone.